Saturday, August 6, 2011

Currently Occupying the Peculiar Mind of Me

The past month I have gained a much greater appreciation for community. More specifically though, Brosephs (guy community). Coming into the college era of my life, I had no idea that relationships with my guy friends would be so important to me. My mind really just blanks out when I begin to try and express how much of a blessing it is to have encouraging brothers who want the best for you, and are willing to cross boundaries to make sure I don't screw things up. The one thing I can acknowledge though is that the guy friends I have are nothing but a gift from God. I often realize how my personality may some times promote me as an awkward person, so it is real easy for me to acknowledge that if I tried to make friends with such awesome people, I might end up embarrassing myself. So the fact that I have such incredible guys in my life to encourage me to pursue God is a representation of God's blessing and provisions in my life. This has allowed me to realize the importance of community after I graduate. I am so glad I've realized this now. Because of this, I consider community when I am looking for future jobs. I can't imagine living in a city for an extended amount of time where there is no community for me to be apart of. I thank God for his revelations to me. He surely has blessed me beyond what I can really understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment