Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Brief

Dependencies!

We are dependent on food. We are dependent on water. Some of us are dependent on other things like coffee, friends, long walks on the bea... I mean, maybe not.

But do we have a noticeable dependence on God?
One can always tell when they haven't eaten or when they haven't been drinking enough liquids. But can we tell when we haven't had God as our focus? I think for most followers of Christ, it is quite apparent when they haven't set time aside to rest in God's presence, however I find myself, and I don't think I am the only one, not becoming desperate for it as much as I am for water after a long workout or food midday.

I am humbled by this obvious lack of dependency. It reveals to me my continual pride that is still present in my life. I long to be completely dependent on my Father, as I am for food and drink. I long to be desperate for Him when I have been away for a decent amount of time.

Your shepherd staff
Comforts me
You are my feast
In the presence of enemy

Surely goodness
Follow me
Follow me
In the house of God, forever

No comments:

Post a Comment